The German Institute for Global and Area Studies (GIGA) seeks to appoint a Research Fellow.
Applications are invited for a 65% position with a contract of 36 months, starting on 1 November 2020. The successful candidate will work in the project "Religion for Peace: Identifying Conditions and Mechanisms of Interfaith Peace."
Tasks will include:
- Statistical analyses of the relationship between religion, conflict and peace (e.g. cross-country and time-series data analyses)
- Participating in fieldwork with behavioural experiments in two African countries
- (Co-)authoring manuscripts for submission to high-ranking scholarly journals
- A very good university degree (Master or equivalent) in political science, economics, or other social sciences
- Sound quantitative methodological skills, including advanced statistical skills regarding cross-country time-series, knowledge on fixing endogeneity issues as well as visualisation skills using Stata/R
- Knowledge of or keen interest in the topic of religion, peace and conflict in Africa and beyond
- Knowledge of or keen interest in behavioural experiments
- Ambition to pursue an academic career, including knowledge transfer
Screening of applications will begin on 6 July 2020.