To broaden its comparative research on violent intrastate conflicts (civil wars), the Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF) is seeking to employ as early as possible a postdoctoral researcher with 100% of working hours on the pay scale for the German public service in the state of Hesse, E 13 TV-H, initially for a period of two years (time limit pursuant to the law on temporary job contracts in science (WissZVG)).
- Development of as well as acquisition of third-party funding for a research project in the area of comparative civil war studies which analyses the causes as well as the dynamics of violent intrastate conflicts, taking into account their international and transnational dimensions.
- Support of PRIF’s public relations’ work and policy advice on current armed conflicts.
- Participation in the PRIF committees of self-governance.
- An above-average PhD in political science, sociology or another relevant discipline
- Research focus on the thematic field relevant for the advertised vacancy
- Good knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative social-science methodology
- Experience with and/or willingness to carry out field research
- Communication skills with a view to knowledge transfer.
Very good command of English, spoken and written, as well as competent handling of standard office software are prerequisites. Good knowledge of German is desirable.
Please send application documents including a concept paper of not more than three pages outlining a potential project as well as a work sample as a single PDF document and include the position code 4.2 by March 31, 2018 via e-mail to bewerber(at)hsfk.de.