Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Officer (m/f/d) in Odesa, Ukraine
forum Ziviler Friedensdienst (forumZFD) is recruiting a Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Officer (m/f/d) in Odesa, Ukraine starting on October 15, 2019. Currently, forumZFD in Ukraine operates through its offices in Kyiv and Odesa and works with Ukrainian partners in the fields of civil conflict transformation and peace building.
The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for providing leadership, technical support and capacity building on planning, monitoring and evaluation for the forumZFD programme in Ukraine. The position works in close coordination with the PME Advisor in forumZFD Head Office (HO) in Cologne, as well as PME coordinators in other country programmes. The PM&E Officer will coach, capacitate and support the forumZFD team, as well as partners to understand and apply PM&E for peace building and ensure effective programming.
- Support the further development and implementation of forumZFD PM&E standards in close cooperation with the PM&E advisor in the HO and the Country Director, as well as the Desk Officer for Ukraine located in the HO.
- Support the programme team in the implementation of forumZFD PM&E, e.g. facilitating and documenting annual planning processes, further developing the monitoring system on programme- and project level.
- Implementing monitoring processes at programme- and project level, ensure regular data collection and reflection on it.
- Capacitate, train and support partners of forumZFD in Ukraine in PM&E for Peacebuilding.
- Support the Country Director and Project Managers in writing reports (content, wording and formulation), and file the respective documentation.
- Supporting the introduction of forumZFD PM&E standards to programme staff.
- Regular participation in calls and meetings of forumZFD’s PM&E team.
- Support the development of a knowledge management system for the programme.
- Contribute in the development of donor reports in coordination with the programme team and develop the report writing capacity of forumZFD programme staff in Ukraine.
- Ensure that there is a strong narrative and coherence around the programme/project’s activities, and the outputs and outcomes the programme/project is trying/able to achieve.
- Take leadership role and execute any research and M&E assignments advised by the Country Director and PME Adviser.
Reports to: Country Director and the PME Adviser in the Head Office.
- Advanced degree in social science, economics, peacebuilding, management, international development or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related work in PM&E for Peacebuilding in an international context, preferably in conflict areas..
- Strong understanding and experiences of peacebuilding programming
- Strong experiences of working with PM&E systems, monitoring methodologies and tools.
- High level of knowledge and skills of data visualization and presentation
- High quality data analysis and analytical report writing skills in English
- Demonstrated experiences of carrying out quantitative surveys and qualitative data collection and report writing
- Experience in facilitating workshops and trainings
- Previous experience in coaching and capacity building of individuals and teams.
- Strong leadership, management and organizational skills with good understanding of motivating and working with cross-cultural teams.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and procedures, and able to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- A high level of personal efficiency, and an ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and/ or Russian is an asset.
- EU citizenship is required for this position.